The power of concentration manifests as focused attention and as a one pointed mind.” When you focus your mind, you conserve your energies and do not dissipate them on irrelevant thoughts or activities.
Concentration is purely a mental process. It needs an inward turning of the mind. It is not a muscular exercise. You should not fight and wrestle with the mind violently. When you concentrate on any object, avoid tension anywhere in the body or mind. Think gently of the object in a continuous manner. Do not allow the mind to wander away.
The Benefits of Developing the Power of Concentration
As said earlier, there are many benefits in developing the power of concentration. Here are a few of them:
- Controlling of your thoughts.
- The ability to focus your mind.
- Peace of mind.
- Freedom from futile and annoying thoughts.
- The ability to choose your thoughts.
- Better memory.
- Improved self-confidence.
- Inner strength.
- Strong willpower.
- The ability to study and comprehend more quickly.
- Inner happiness.
- More powerful and efficient use of creative visualization and the law of attraction.
- Deeper and more successful meditation.
12 Tips to Improve Your Concentration
1. Train your brain
2. Get your game on
3. Improve sleep
4. Make time for exercise
5. Spend time in nature
6. Give meditation a try
7. Take a break
8. Listen to music
9. Vary your diet
10. Drink caffeine
11. Try supplements
12. Do a concentration workout